Father Saves Son’s Life
It was a normal spring day in Rose Hill, North Carolina. Students at Union High School were busy at school when everything halted to a stop.
17 year-old Cameron Burley collapsed during gym class.
The physical education teacher, who happens to be Cameron’s father, started CPR immediately. The school nurse was soon to follow, hooking up the school’s automated external defibrillator (AED) to the student and delivering a shock to Cameron’s heart – all while his father continued CPR.
A few second later, life resumed, Cameron took a deep breath and was conscious again.
Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation provided Union High School with the AED that saved Cameron’s life. Thank you to all our donors who helped make this grant award possible.