Our Commitment to Our Donors
Last modified: March 26, 2020
User Provided Information
We may collect information by which you may be personally identified (“Personal Information”) in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when you visit the Site, register on the Site, subscribe to our newsletter, donate, respond to a survey, fill out a form, or participate in other activities, services, features, or resources we make available on the Site. We may ask for your name, email address, mailing address, and/or phone number, as appropriate. We will ask for standard credit card information only when you make a financial donation. We will collect Personal Information from you only if you voluntarily submit such information to us.
You can refrain from supplying Personal Information; however, it may prevent you from engaging in certain features of the Site. We use this information to communicate with supporters and process donations. We do not sell this information to other organizations
You also may provide information to be published, displayed, or posted on public areas of the Site or transmitted to other users of the Site or third parties (“Your Contributions”). Your Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Site with whom you may choose to share Your Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that Your Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
You may be required to provide information, including Personal Information in connection with a grant application. By providing such information you agree to release such information to us and we may publish the same, including but not limited to, your name, organization, the nature of the grant, and any images and information submitted by you in connection with the grant application.
Automatic Data Collection Technologies
We may use automatic data collection technologies to collect non-personally identifiable information about you whenever you interact with the Site. Non-personally identifiable information may include your browser name, the type of computer used to connect to the Site, and technical information about your means of connection to the Site (such as the operating system and the internet service provider utilized). We may tie automatically collected information to Personal Information that we collect from other sources or that you provide us. It helps us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized experience.
Our Site may use “cookies” to enhance your experience. Your web browser places cookies on your hard drive for record-keeping purposes and sometimes to track information about you.
If you do not want us to collect information using cookies, you can disable this function in your browser. If you block cookies from us, however, you may not be able to see personalized content and our website may not function properly.
How We Use Your Information
The Foundation collects and uses Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To personalize your experience on the Site;
- To understand how users as a group use the services and resources provided on the Site;
- To solicit donations;
- To improve the Site and user experience;
- To administer content, promotions, surveys, or other Site features;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on the Site;
- To fulfill your requests for information regarding services and about topics we think will be of interest to you;
- To notify you about changes to the Site and/or any services we offer; and
- For any other purpose we may identify when you provide Personal Information.
We also use Personal Information collected from our grant recipients to generate a map showing our grant awards by geographic location.
The email address you provide will only be used to respond to your inquiries or requests. If you decide to opt-in to our mailing list, you will receive emails that may include Foundation news, updates, and related information. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed instructions to unsubscribe at the bottom of each email.
How We Protect Your Information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage, and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your Personal Information (which may include username, password, and transaction information) and data stored on the Site.
We protect the security of credit card transactions using a number of measures such as encryption, access controls, network firewalls, and physical security. These measures make it extremely difficult for anyone to intercept the credit card information you send to us. When we work with other companies to process credit card transactions, those companies also use encryption and other appropriate security measures.
- We use the HTTPS protocol
- The certificate used for all requests over the HTTPS is signed by LetsEncrypt
- All interactions are encrypted using the X.509 standard
- All donations are handled by a trusted PCI compliant and SSAE 16 certified third party (QGiv)
- All interactions with the third-party donation client (QGiv) are also handled using a universally trusted certificate authority (Media Temple) and renewed every 60 days
- No credit card information is ever stored or passed through an unencrypted connection
- No personally identifiable information is ever passed through an unencrypted connection
Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We do not sell, trade, or lease your Personal Information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any Personal Information without restriction.
We may disclose Personal Information that you provide:
- To our affiliates;
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an e-mail address to use the “email a friend” feature of the Site, we will transmit the contents of that e-mail and your e-mail address to the recipients;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- With your consent.
External Links or References
The Foundation does not provide any third-party advertising on the Site. The Site may contain links or references to other parties’ websites, including partners, scholarship providers, and educational information related to our mission. The Foundation is not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from the Site. In addition, these websites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These websites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interacting on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Compliance with Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. Our Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect or maintain information on the Site from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use the Site or provide any information on the Site or on or through any of its features. Any information inadvertently collected from a child under 13 will be deleted.
Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation
12735 Gran Bay Parkway, Suite 150
Jacksonville, Florida 32258
or call us via (904) 886-8300. We will use reasonable efforts to promptly investigate any concern.