Our Commitment to Our Donors
Last modified: April 12, 2018
User Provided Information
We may collect information by which you may be personally identified (“Personal Information”) in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when you visit the Site, register on the Site, subscribe to our newsletter, make a donation, respond to a survey, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features, or resources we make available on the Site. You may be asked for your name, email address, mailing address, and/or phone number, as appropriate. We will collect Personal Information from you only if you voluntarily submit such information to us. You can refrain from supplying Personal Information; however, it may prevent you from engaging in certain features of the Site.
You also may provide information to be published, displayed, or posted on public areas of the Site or transmitted to other users of the Site or third parties (“Your Contributions”). Your Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Site with whom you may choose to share Your Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that Your Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
You may be required to provide information, including Personal Information in connection with a grant application. By providing such information you agree to release such information to us and we may publish the same, including but not limited to, your name, the nature of the grant, and any images submitted by you in connection with the grant application.
Automatic Data Collection Technologies
We may use automatic data collection technologies to collect non-personally identifiable information about you whenever you interact with the Site. Non-personally identifiable information may include your browser name, the type of computer used to connect to the Site, and technical information about your means of connection to the Site (such as the operating system and the internet service provider utilized). We may tie automatically collected information to Personal Information that we collect from other sources or that you provide us. It helps us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service to you.
How We Use Your Information
The Foundation collects and uses Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To personalize your experience on the Site;
- To understand how users as a group use the services and resources provided on the Site;
- To solicit donations;
- To improve the Site and our customer service;
- To administer content, promotions, surveys, or other Site features;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on the Site;
- To fulfill your requests for information regarding products and services and about topics we think will be of interest to you;
- To notify you about changes to the Site and/or any products or services we offer; and
- For any other purpose we may identify when you provide Personal Information.
We also use Personal Information collected from our supporters to generate a map showing our supporters by geographic location. The email address you provide will only be used to respond to your inquiries or requests. If you decide to opt-in to our mailing list, you will receive emails that may include Foundation news, updates, and related product or service information. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed instructions to unsubscribe at the bottom of each email or you may contact us via the Site.
How We Protect Your Information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage, and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your Personal Information (which may include username, password, and transaction information) and data stored on the Site. For organizations and corporate donors, Personal Information may include financial information, EINs, contact names and both email and physical addresses.
- org uses the HTTPS protocol
- The certificate used for all requests over the HTTPS is signed by LetsEncrypt
- All interactions are encrypted using the X.509 standard
- All donations are handled by a trusted PCI compliant and SSAE 16 certified third party (QGiv)
- All interactions with the third party donation client (QGiv) are also handled using a universally trusted certificate authority (GoDaddy) and re-signed every 90 days
- No credit card information is ever stored or passed through an unencrypted connection
- No personally identifiable information is ever passed through an unencrypted connection
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and electronic storage of information is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to the Site. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We do not sell, trade, or lease your Personal Information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any Personal Information without restriction.
We may disclose Personal Information that you provide:
- To our affiliates;
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about users of the Site is among the assets transferred;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an e-mail address to use the “email a friend” feature of the Site, we will transmit the contents of that e-mail and your e-mail address to the recipients;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- With your consent.
Third Party Websites
We do not control the content or links that appear on these websites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from the Site. In addition, these websites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These websites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Compliance with Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. Our Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect or maintain information on the Site from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use the Site or provide any information on the Site or on or through any of its features. Any information inadvertently collected from a child under 13 will be deleted.
Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation
12735 Gran Bay Parkway, Suite 150
Jacksonville, Florida 32258
Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation (the “Foundation”) respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects its users to do the same. In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998, the text of which may be found on the U.S. Copyright Office website at http://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf, the Foundation will respond expeditiously to claims of copyright infringement committed using the Foundation’s website (the “Site”) if such claims are reported to the Foundation’s Designated Copyright Agent identified in the sample notice below.
If you are a copyright owner, authorized to act on behalf of one, or authorized to act under any exclusive right under copyright, please report alleged copyright infringements taking place on or through the Site by completing the following DMCA Notice of Alleged Infringement and delivering it to the Foundation’s Designated Copyright Agent. Upon receipt of Notice as described below, the Foundation will take whatever action, in its sole discretion, it deems appropriate, including removal of the challenged content from the Site.
DMCA Notice of Alleged Infringement (“Notice”)
- Identify the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed, or – if multiple copyrighted works are covered by this Notice – you may provide a representative list of the copyrighted works that you claim have been infringed.
- Identify the material or link you claim is infringing (or the subject of infringing activity) and to which access is to be disabled, including at a minimum, if applicable, the URL of the link shown on the Site or the exact location where such material may be found.
- Provide your company affiliation (if applicable), mailing address, telephone number, and, if available, email address.
- Include both of the following statements in the body of the Notice:
“I hereby state that I have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law (e.g., as a fair use).”
“I hereby state that the information in this Notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that I am the owner, or authorized to act on behalf of, the owner, of the copyright or of an exclusive right under the copyright that is allegedly infringed.”
- Provide your full legal name and your electronic or physical signature.
- Deliver this Notice, with all items completed, to the Foundation’s Designated Copyright Agent:
Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation
12735 Gran Bay Parkway, Suite 150
Jacksonville, Florida 32258